This graphically rich series of lectures by Father Robert Spitzer is both educational and entertaining. Fr. Spitzer looks at proofs for God’s existence from science and philosophy, examines studies showing life after death is probable, and covers thought provoking topics like evolution, the Bible, and aliens.
The Magis Center produces educational materials designed to refute contemporary “secular myths” such as, “science has proven God does not exist.” They are aligned with the USCCB-Curriculum Framework and the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
- Why the occurrence of our universal constants and initial conditions cannot be explained by the contention that “it is just here.”
- How can the bible and science be reconciled?
- What can Catholics believe about evolution?
- How the human desire for the five transcendentals (perfect and unconditional Truth, Love, Justice/Goodness, Beauty, and Being) indicates the presence of a transphysical soul.
- Why belief in an unrestricted, absolutely simple, pure power (i.e. God) is a more rational explanation than naturalistic explanations (multiverses, pure chance, etc.) to explain universal fine-tuning.
- What about aliens?
Get The Full Program
From Nothing To Cosmos – 4 DVD Set
This 4 DVD set (approximately 4 hours) is a dynamic presentation (with separately available The Workbook +) that can be used for a twelve-part presentation in senior religion courses. It can also be used as the foundation for a one-semester course in faith and science.
The Workbook +
The Workbook + is a comprehensive workbook aimed at upper level High School ability and above. It is meant to accompany the DVD series, From Nothing to Cosmos: God and Science, but is capable of being a stand alone educational product.
Comprehensive Study Guide
This Study Guide contains comprehensive questions and answers for all the material in From Nothing to Cosmos. It also has the power point slides from the presentations, as well as quotations, biographies, and references of major scientists and philosophers.
Desde la Nada Hasta el Cosmos
Este libro puede ser utilizado por si mismo, ya que proporciona preguntas y respuestas comprensivas sobre áreas claves de la evidencia sobre la creación y Dios a partir de la ciencia contemporánea.