This course responds to the pressing secular myths that threaten our faith and, indeed, our society. Featuring Fr. Robert J. Spitzer S.J. Ph.D., this series is a full treatment of topics concerned with the evidence for God from contemporary science. This DVD set can be used as the foundation for a one-semester course in faith and science.
A sampling of the topics presented include:
- Why the occurrence of our universal constants and initial conditions cannot be explained by the contention that “it just is.”
- How can the bible and science be reconciled?
- What can Catholics believe about evolution?
- How the human desire for the five transcendentals (perfect and unconditional Truth, Love, Justice/Goodness, Beauty, and Being) indicates the presence of a transphysical soul.
- Why belief in God is a more responsible and rational explanation than naturalistic explanations (multiverses, pure chance, etc.) to explain universal fine-tuning.
- Showing a clear connection between Near Death Experiences (NDEs) and transcendence.